Sunday, June 06, 2010

Silly Short Stories...




Follow bob on twitter.This is the part of the show where Bob gets tired of writing about serious stuff and decides to tell a silly story.

Usually I write about some odd dream that I’ve had lately, but I quit drinking so much and I just don’t have them anymore. Or maybe my imagination has run dry, I am getting old you know.

Speaking of getting old, now that I’m an official Twitter, I found one that I thought folks who read this may appreciate. Its called “Shit my Dad says”. Here’s a recent sample, “I think the baby shit….Well, I’m smelling shit right now, so if it ain’t the baby, one of you has a big fucking problem.”

Either this guy has a really grumpy dad or he’s really funny. I never thought Twitter would produce something I like!

Anyways, I also used Twitter to send out a few invitations to writers to submit some stuff, but so far no one wants too. Six years ago, I couldn’t keep up with the stories sent, now it’s a different story. I think with the ease of building web sites and facebook, people are posting their own stuff on their own sites.

Our story section doesn’t get the million page views a month that it got back in 2004. Not even half a million any more, but we still get a clean 50 to 75,000 page views per month. That’s not bad coverage. A story posted on our site is sure to get in search engines.

So I guess even in today’s modern-a-go-go world, our little dirty unwanted spot on the internet can still do some folks some good.

Speaking of my strange stories, anyone who has logged on and has trouble posting a story, please let me know ( webmaster@theweirdcrap.com ). I want to know if I need better instruction, for folks who aren’t computer savvy.

Speaking of dark spots on things (like lungs), I understand Stephen Johnson has finally found the benefits of the almighty American Spirits cigarette. I’ve been smoking ‘em for years. I’m too cheap to buy them already made, I buy ‘em by the can with filters and roll my own. They’re only two inches long, but because they burn so much slower, it lasts as long as a regular cigarette.

Since I only smoke outside after the toddlers are asleep, one can for $25 lasts about 3 or four months. It makes an extremely expensive habit into a hardly noticeable habit. I started rollin’ my own when we hit hard financial times, but now I just don’t want to waste all that money.

Wow, I literally wrote about “nothing”, that either makes me Jerry Seinfeld or an average internet blogger.

COMING NEXT: A day in a life?

No comments: