Sunday, November 29, 2009

Home alone


Leave a comment, or ask bob a question.
Follow bob on twitter.


“Slurp, slurp, slurp.”
“Mmmmmmmmmm.”

“Slurp, slurp, slurp.”
“Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.”

“Slurp, slurp, slurpity-slurp-slurp!”
“Mmmmmmmmmm-mmmmmmmm-mmmmmmmm!”

It was really nice to have a babysitter for the weekend!

There we were in the dark parking lot just like a couple of teenage kids!

“Slurp, slurp, slurp.”
“Mmmmmmmmmm.”

We just saw, “The invention of Lying”.

“Mmmmmmmmmm,” these chocolate raisins are soooooo good! “Mmmmmmmmmm.”

“Slurp, slurp, slurp.”

“Are you ever gonna finish that soda, its like two gallons!”

The ol’ lady looked at me with her big brown eyes, “Slurp, slurp, slurp.”

It was really nice to get a way good for the ol’ sanity.

Speaking of sanity, this whole healthcare debate thing has just gone on long enough.

The Senate had to have a debate about debating the healthcare bill. I guess it’s a legal requirement set by the Department of Redundancy Department whose job it is to make sure everything is done twice, then once more.

When I first heard of this I wrote to my congressman and asked him if this Department really existed. I received a reply that said my letter has been received and I should expect a reply to my inquiry soon. I received seven copies of this letter and they were all stamped, “DEPARTMENT OF REDUNDANCY DEPARTMENT.”

I never actually received a reply to my question, but a month later I did receive a 400 page report of the of the amendments and laws that ultimately created this department fifty years ago.

It seemed like a big task, but they got my attention, so I started reading. Turns out the report was only 40 pages. They sent me ten copies.

Just think what would happen if this type of system ran NASA? Back in the 60’s they would have determined that the Apollo missions weren’t good enough. They needed a capsule that would go to the moon. Then they’d debate that they needed a capsule that was aero dynamic and would land, not fall back to earth. Then they would have debated that they needed a better-computerized navigation system. Then they would have debated the cost, etc. Etc.

The end result would be in the year 2050 we would be sending our first man in space. Our missile guidance system wouldn’t have had the advances provided by NASA missions and we would have lost the cold war to Russia.

At least, that’s how I see it.

Sometimes it’s better to just get something done, and then see what works.

My health care plan at work kicks in after I pay $4000 in medical bills. Which means I’m out $4000 before the insurance company pays anything. I’ve never reached that mark. Maybe someday. The cost for this seemingly non-existent coverage? About $6000 per year.

If a public healthcare system existed, whatever it may be, I could potentially save about $10,000 per year, although in reality it would be more like $8,000 since I pay the premiums, but never come close to paying that $4,000 out of pocket thing.

That would be a big boost to anyone’s income. If, let’s say about 100 million, that have similar insurance, then about $1,000,000,000.00 would be inserted into the pockets of Americans.

This is a long-shot, but I’m guessing that most of that money would go into the economy. Generally speaking if you insert about a billion dollars into hands that will spend it and not horde it like a bank, then supply for products increases, businesses increase production and folks get hired for jobs.

So the healthcare deal-e-o is tied to the economy. Go figure.

So why are politicians for hire working so hard with insurance companies to stop this?

Two reasons I think.

One:
When the economy gets going and folks have healthcare and we get control of the deficit, it’ll look like Democrats just undid everything Republicans did in the last eight years, and now everything is good. Which is good, but bad if your a Republican. That changes the Republicans into being the party of always no, into the party of always wrong, and everyone will loose their jobs.

I just don’t think Republicans are keen to that, and they’re willing to risk the welfare of the American public to prevent it from happening.

Two:
When people are poor, they have a learned helplessness and they vote less often. When you’re behind in the poles, the less folks that vote the better. It’s just easier to manipulate a small group of people with misinformation than it is a huge group of voters.

The Republican strategy is simple. The other team has a better machine, so they want to throw a wrench in it. Hopefully the Democrats in the Senate will stop debating Abortion laws and tobacco laws and chewing gum laws, and just got something done for a change.

At least it makes sense when Republicans reply everything with big fat “no”, but there’s not excuse for the Democrat that replies the same. These are the just big fat idiots.

That’s all I have for today you big fat moron!!


COMING NEXT: Why is there puke on my kitchen wall?

No comments: