Sunday, February 05, 2006

Two and Two

by Bob Senitram

Song in my head:
"With a little luck,
we can work it out..."
- Paul McCartney and Wings -

I wrote my name at 6pm tonight and finished the song in my head by 7pm. No, it's not writer's block. No it's not the superbowl.

It's called 3 yr old block. First my daughter insisted I play with her stuffed animals in the front room, I'm cool with that. Then it was bath time, only today she don't want a bath, so it's fit #1. I'm not so cool with that. Then she wants milk, only it has to be in a sippy cup and I put it in a regular cup...fit #2. I tell her she gets the sippy cup when she stops whining and crying...fit #3. Some days it seems like you just can't get anything done...even a simple one page blog thingy.

Oh well, all is calm now and I'm watching the "Stones" in the Supper Bowl - sumthin' sumthin'. Mick seems to be kinda energetic for a guy thats 65 yrs old. I wonder if he still takes drugs or if he just drinks a lot of coffee and red bull. Either way, at his age, it'll be the death of him.

It's like figure skating, I'm a-scarred to watch...I always think, "Ooooh, she's gonna fall." Then she does.

Now I think Mr. Jagger is gonna be on stage jumping and stomping and gyrating his hips like them rock n' roll hipsters do, then he'll pop a hip out of place. I know it'll happen, so I'm listening but not watching.

I watched the state of the union and can summarize it much quicker than the President, "The Nation's broke, the world hates us...I am not a crook." Although a peaceful person at heart, I do think if an unstable nation has weapons of mass destruction, military action may be necessary. Which could be the case in Iran, only they know we're broke, they know Iraq is a big mess, and they know we won't do anything about it.

Now that there is a nation developing weapons of mass destruction, we're caught with our pants down. You see, this is what we call down in the South as "S-T-U-P-I-D." We went into Iraq before we had concrete evidence, we "went it alone" and now that we need the military our resources are depleted...yup, stupid. By the way, this isn't "hind-site". Check the archives...I hate to say, "I told you so." But I did.

Don't sit on a budget surplus, use it, give tax breaks, make it work for you...why save, what's gonna happen? Now the nation's broke...no surplus in site. And it all started in 2000, when we decided to deplete our financial resources and allow ol' George to take control of our government. Once again check the archives...

The only half-intelligent thing ol' George has done is to copy the "Training Strategy" introduced by Kerry for Iraq. If Bush want's to do anything worth while in his 8 yr term, he needs to stop talking to his yes-men and start talking to someone who doesn't like him...Kerry.

Back to the Super-Bowl. I think the players have so many chemicals in them, they no longer qualify as humans. It's a field full of chemically induced freaks. I just have it on, so I can see the next Go-Daddy commercial, who by the way, hosts some of TheWeirdcrap's domain names.

I wonder what them players would look like if you somehow extracted all the steroids out of them. Big deflation, real football. If you have satelite tv instead of succky cable, you've probably seen classic NFL. It's like back in the 50s and 60s it was a whole different species playing. Now all we have is homo-steroidus football...I for one won't have it.

And now you know...

No comments: